• darrenmu 2008年03月17日 09:36 说道:

我也不全认同。只是转贴过来。

• darrenmu 2008年02月17日 06:42 说道:

不错,学习了

• 小强 2008年02月19日 09:52 说道:

good.

• darrenmu 2008年02月25日 07:36 说道:

4, Reading the racket face 读懂对手的拍面

Myth - Watch your opponents racket face to determine where he is hitting the ball. 传统观点:看清对手的拍面,以确定他的击球落点

Truth - Excuse me! For sure you will watch your opponents racket face, speedily determine where it is going, and off you will go like a speeding bullet in the direction of the ball!

请注意!肯定你将看着对手的拍面,而后尽快确定它将把球击向哪里,而你将朝球的方向象一颗超速行驶的子弹一样奔去!

To understand the answer to this myth you must first understand what I call "the teaching paradox." One of the most important and most difficult concepts to master as a teacher is the cause and result relationship. In whatever field you teach in you must understand the difference between what are causes (something that brings about a result) and what are results (comes about because of something else). If you teach a result as a cause you will confuse and frustrate people. It is the job of a teacher to sort this out for the students.

为了理解我对这个传统观点(神话)的回答,你必须首先理解我称之为“教学矛盾”的理论。作为一名优秀教练,对于原因和结果的关系,是他们需要掌握的最重要和最难的概念之一。在你执教任何领域时,都必须理解什么原因(引起一个结果的东西)而什么又是是结果(因为其它事情而发生),并且理解它们两者的差别。如果你把教一个结果作为一个原因教给了学生,将会把学生弄糊涂并且阻碍他们的进步。为那些学生处理原因与结果的关系是一名教练的工作。

Watching your opponents racket face to determine where he is hitting the ball is just such a case. Watching the racket face is a result not a cause. Watching the racket face is the result of many hours and months of practice playing the game of tennis and watching your opponents hit over and over and over again. One day out of nowhere you begin reading your opponents shots a little better than you did a month ago. I guarantee you did not accomplished this by the isolated act of watching the racket face. Can you see the problem?

看清对手拍面,而后确定你的对手在哪里击球的过程正是这样的一个情况。看拍面,实质上是一个结果而并非并非一个原因。看拍面是一再观看对手击球的实践的结果,需要经过很多小时和数月网球练习。有一天,你比你一月前做得要好,你开始读你的对手击球的那一刻了。但我们无法确知这一天何时到来。我保证,你无法把打球和盯住对手拍面的行为分割开来。这时,您看出问题了么?

To have someone teach you a result (watching the racket face) as a cause will confuse and frustrate you. You will keep thinking, "I am watching the racket face, but I cannot determine where the ball is going. I always seem to be too late. I guess I just do not have the ability to be able to read the racket face." Now you know this is not true! If you relax and simply keep watching your opponents hit a lot of shots eventually the repetition will improve your ability to read the shot. Watching the racket face is a result caused by hours of practice, so you might as well relax and enjoy the process.

当有人把看拍面这一结果当成原因教给你时,将会干扰并且破坏你的网球学习。你会一直想,“我正看着拍面呀,但是我根本不能确定球将去哪儿。我好像总是反应太迟。我猜测我没有能力能读懂拍面。”而现在,你知道这不是实际情况!你需要的是放松,并且注意你的对手的许多许多次击球,最终这种重复将改进你的盯拍面的能力,这样才能读懂。看拍面,实际上是在实践数小时中引发的一个结果,因此你最需要的是放松并且享受过程。

Example:例如

I am constantly watching my students up at the net trying desperately to read the racket face for a lob. I observe them closely as they read lob off of the racket face only to be pummeled with a groundstroke into their stomach! So much for watching the racket face.

我经常看我的学生在尝试读懂拍面。当他们只是单纯盯着对手的拍面,会对来球的判断出现偏差,常常在胃部的高度击球,我接近观察他们,发现原来是他们过于注重看拍面而忽略了击球。

• darrenmu 2008年02月25日 07:36 说道:

6,Follow through 随挥

Myth - You should extend your arm straight out and up pointing toward your target on your groundstrokes.
    传统观点:在击打落地球时,应该在指向目标的方向上伸直手臂并且向上摆臂(其实说得是对球的随挥过程)

Truth - The pros swing upward, but do not exaggerate swinging outward like conventional methods teach. In fact, the pros swing so much upward that their body leaves the ground to maintain their balance and produce even more power and topspin (topspin makes the ball rotate forward allowing you to hit the ball higher above the net letting the spin pull the ball down into the court)..

专业球手随挥时手臂有向上(纵向发力——译者注)的摆动,但是向外的动作(前向发力——译者注)并不夸张,这点和传统方法中教的不同。实际上,那些专业球手随挥后手臂摆得非常向上,这样有助于当他们的身体离开地时保持平衡,并通过送球动作带来更多的力量和上旋 (上旋球使球向前旋转,使得你的回球高于球网,并且过网后向下落进场内)。

On the forehand the pros bend their elbow on the follow through as they swing over their shoulder or just below the shoulder. This is a natural motion and produces topspin on their shots.

打正手球的时候,专业球手肘部的弯曲的高度有时过肩,有时抵于肩部,是由他们随挥时手臂的摆动线路决定的。 这是一个自然的动作,并且能够在他们的回球上生产上旋。

On the backhand you should have a relaxed, high follow through that is also upward more than forward. Do not try to force your follow through to come to a screeching halt on the backhand. Just let it go!

打反手球的时候,你应该放松,送球的力量应该是向上多于向前的。不要在反手击球的随挥动作有所停滞。让它去!

Conventional methods try to fit you into a mold that is not natural and can hamper the instinctive, automatic, and spontaneous play that is the signature of a champion. Learn to be more relaxed and natural with your follow through.

传统的方法试图让你遵循一种模式,这样做会显得不自然,并且会妨碍你本能,自主地击球,而这却正是一个冠军球手最重要的特点。 学会更放松和更自然的随挥方式吧。

• darrenmu 2008年02月25日 07:44 说道:

Technical skills 学习多项技术(主要讲如何培养球感)

Myth - To learn to play tennis you must concentrate on many intricate technical skills.

传统观点:要想学会打网球,你必须关注多方面的技术能力。

Truth - This is one of the toughest myths to answer because of all the preconceived ideas that conventional tennis lessons, books, and tapes have instilled in most players. The short answer is "no" you do not have to concentrate on many intricate technical skills to learn to play tennis or even to become the number one player in the world! How is that for a shocker.

因为通过一些传统网球课程、书以及录像带来学习已经成为了公认的想法,所以大家对这个“神话”的回答很肯定。然而我们需要给出一句简短的回答“不需要”。你不用关注太多的技术环节就能打网球,也不需要要求自己成为世界第一。

The longer answer is the pros develop a "feel" for a given shot and that "feel" allows the technical skills to work correctly. How do you develop a "feel" for a particular shot? Let me answer that by first explaining how you do not develop a "feel" for a shot. You do not develop a "feel" for a stroke by verbally trying to talk yourself through a host of different technical commands. To do this would confuse you, frustrate you, and have the affect of making you more mechanical rather than instinctive and automatic. Eventually you will think, "I'll never get this game!" Conventional methods are notorious for emphasizing technical skills and making the whole learning process mind boggling!

对这个问题的完整回答是:专业球手在击球训练时会培养自己的“球感”,凭借那种感觉可以保证技术动作的正确。怎样为击球培养一种球感呢?在我回答这个问题前,先解释一下为什么你平时培养不出这样一种感觉。你无法养成球感是因为在你在心里尽力让自己使用许多不同的技术,做样做会把你弄糊涂、阻碍你的提高、并且使你的击球更机械而不是本能和自然。最终,你会想:“我打不好网球了”,要知道,传统方法是出了名的适合强调技术,并且使这个过程令人难以适从的整体教学!

You develop a "feel" for a given stroke at any level by concentrating on one or two important procedures and then letting repetition mold the rest of the stroke. As you develop a "feel" through practice the intricate technical skills will function automatically. Much of tennis will be learned in the same way that you learned to walk. You learned to walk by repetition and trial and error of some simple procedures. Eventually not only did you develop a "feel" for walking, but you learned advanced skills like running, jumping, and skipping, with no added instruction. The technical skills functioned properly because of developing a "feel" for walking through repetition.

你需要通过专注于一、两个重要的过程(指击球这一动作)来培养自己的球感,对于任何水平的选手这一规定都适用。然后重复练习击球。因为你通过实践发展出了球感,那么复杂的技术将能够自动起作用。而网球就将象你小时候学习走路那样被掌握。学习走路的过程就是一些简单程序的重复和反复试验。到最后,你不仅养成了走路的感觉,而且象跑,跳,跳跃也掌握了,其实并没有增加新的指示去学习另外技能,但是因为走这一过程的重复发展,各项技术环节得到了正确地使用。

To help you understand this principle a little better. The next time you are playing do not concentrate on your footwork at all. Instead, just let your feet do what ever naturally occurs for the situation. Do not worry if you should step with the left foot here or the right foot there. Just play! Move your feet in a way that feels comfortable and natural. Do this for your next 5 to 6 matches and notice how your balance begins improving, notice how sometimes you will hit with an open stance (body facing the net) and sometimes with a closed stance (body sideways), and above all notice how you have become more automatic, instinctive, and relaxed.

为了帮助你更好地理解这个原则。你下次打球时就别再专注于你的步法了。应该让你的脚为形势而自然作出准备。 别担心你左脚在这里动作不对或者在那里右脚又出错了。去玩球!用这样的一种方式可以使你即感到舒适。同时也能自然移动你的步伐。尝试着接下来得5~6场比赛这样做,并且感受一下自己平衡能力的进步,把关闭式步伐(斜着身体)和开放式步伐(身体面对球网)混起来使用。最重要的是让自己的击球更自然,更本能并且更放松。

Guess what? You are beginning to acquire a "feel" for the footwork. Not to mention you will enjoy yourself more!

猜猜看这样做有什么好处?其实你已经开始掌握针对步伐的“球感”了。

Now, go back and concentrate on the correct footwork again and notice how mechanical and restricted you feel.

培养了球感之后再回头去注意自己以前的步伐,你就能发觉当初自己被束缚了

• darrenmu 2008年02月25日 08:06 说道:

Form is everything 动作就是一切!

Myth - To play tennis properly you must have the correct form.

传统观点:想打好网球就得有正确的动作!

Truth - Did anyone ever see Babe Ruth at bat? Form? What form? This applies to most tennis pros on the circuit today! Have you been watching them with an informed eye. If not, let me help you out. The pros do not play according to the conventional methods and form that are taught today. I know, I know! They are gifted players, therefore we should not emulate them. I refer you to one of the tennis myths "emulating the pros" for an explanation of this concept.

有人曾看见过贝贝·鲁思(大名鼎鼎的美国棒球大王贝贝·鲁思——译者注)的击球吗?他的动作?什么动作?这个观念正适合于今天在巡回赛上征战的大多数网球职业选手!你曾经用专业的目光审视过他们么? 如果没有,那么让我帮助你。 那些专业球手其实不根据传统的方法和形式来打球。我知道,我知道!他们是有天赋的运动员,因此我们就不应该努力去追赶他们。而且我建议你去找网球神话中的那篇“模仿专业球手”作为例子。

The woods are filled with tennis players who look good, but can not win. Now, I am not saying to go out and play sloppy tennis. The point is to not get hung up on this 'perfect form' thing. If you do, you will begin thinking the correct form will make the ball go over the net correctly. You may be thinking, "well, doesn’t it?" Answer. No! You could have the perfect form according to accepted tennis instructional books and be the idol of your club. But, if your timing and judgment are lacking you will look great as the balls go flying everywhere. You will, however, take excellent pictures for the club bulletin board or perhaps a local magazine.

你会遇到很多非常优秀的网球选手,但是赢不了他们。我不会建议你只有动作而草率地去打网球比赛的。传统观点会让你不要停止练习正确的动作,如果坚持这样,那么就能打出漂亮的回球了,这时你可能在想:“是呀,难道不是如此么?”我的 回答是“ 不!”你可能会根据接受网球教科的书的指导后培养出完美的动作,并且因此成为你所在的俱乐部的偶像。但是,如果你对击球的调节能力和对球的判断还是不足的话,就只能望球兴叹了。只有好看的动作,你只能为俱乐部的布告牌或者或许一本本地杂志拍照片而已。

Timing and judgment are far more important than the perfect form. This is why pros are pros! Even though they do not have the perfect accepted form they have superior timing and judgment and have acquired a "feel" for a given shot. This is why Babe Ruth hit so many home runs. The form does not make the ball go in the court, the unique individualized "feel" they have developed through exceptional timing and judgment does.

击球的时间和判断力比完美的动作重要得多。 这就是之所以专业球手能被称之为是专业球手的原因! 纵然他们没有完美的,为大家所接受的动作,但他们拥有有优良的对击球时间的操控能力以及判断力,这使得他们获得了一种“感觉”。 这也是为什么贝贝·鲁思能打出那么多本垒打的原因。 只有动作是无法使回球进入场内的,那些优秀的选手都会感到,他们是通过对击球时间的控制和判断力来完成击球的。

Stop relying on form to make you a good tennis player. Start relying on repetition and hours of practice to develop your timing, judgment, and "feel" of a particular shot. If you have nice form that comes along with this practice, terrific. But, if you do not have conventionally accepted form, it doesn't matter. Who knows, maybe you will become a pro!

别再期望依赖动作把自己培养成一名优秀的网球选手了。尝试着花上几个小时来提高自己对击球时间的掌握,提高自己的判断能力,然后这找一找击球时的“球感”吧。如果你的动作已经非常好了,那非常好,按我说的去实践一下。而如果你本来就不接受传统的动作练习,没事。谁知道呢,或许你将成为一个专业球手呢!

• darrenmu 2008年02月25日 08:07 说道:

Balanced after every shot 击球后的平衡

Myth - You must stand still and balanced to hit every shot.

传统观点:每次击球时都要站稳,保持平衡来击球

Truth - I do not stand still and balanced, and I have never seen a pro that does!!! Watch them on television as they hit, fall off balance, and recover. Pros do not stand still and pose like a statue after every shot. You should not either. This just does not make sense!

我从不是站稳再击球,也不寻求平衡,而且我也没有看到过有职业球手这样做。在电视里看他们的击球,是失去平衡后再恢复的过程。职业球手在每次击球之后并非站得和一尊雕像一样。那么,你也不用(站直)。这样做其实是没有意义的。

I am not sure where this notion came from, but I would forget it and let your body fall off balance after every shot until one day your balance improves while recovering. And it will!

我无法确定这个概念(击球后站直)来自哪里,但我会忘记它,并且教您在每次击球时都要尝试失去平衡,直到有一天您的平衡改善到能在动作完成后恢复。你一定能做到。

Tennis is a moving game like riding a bicycle. You do not learn to balance yourself on a bicycle by staying balanced in one spot. Instead, you ride a little ways, fall off balance, then get up and do it again until one day your balance improves. The same is true for tennis. Move, hit your shot, and fall off balance to teach yourself balance on the move.

网球是一种动态的运动,就像骑自行车。您不用先学会自己在自行车上保持平衡在一个点上。而是应该,骑一小段,失去平衡, 然后站起来,再做,直到您的平衡改进的那一天。这点和网球是一样。动起来击球,并且在失去重心的练习中学会掌握平衡。

Leave standing still like a statue for pictures after you win the Wimbledon championships!!!

在赢得温布顿的冠军时再站得像尊雕像吧!(呵呵,想起了费德勒——merlin)

• darrenmu 2008年02月25日 08:14 说道:

10 Winners win matches 制胜球赢得比赛

Myth - Hitting winners is the way to win your matches 打出制胜球,比赛就能赢

Truth -You will probably be shocked to learn that when the pros play only 10 to 20 percent of their shots are winners. This means 80 to 90 percent of the shots are consistent controlled shots moving their opponent around looking for an opening to hit a winner.

有点令人吃惊,职业球手打出的球中只有10%~20%是制胜分,这就意味着其他80%~90%的击球都是找到对手空挡后的受控的回球。

Before I go on let me cut you off at pass. Just in case you think you are not guilty of this infraction. There are two different mindsets that can impact your matches. The first is the "consistent mindset" (waiting for the right opportunity to hit a winner) and the second is the "hit winners" mindset (trying to hit winners too soon). Most players will agree that no matter what you do in tennis you should be consistent. Yet, guess what mindset most people play in? You guessed it! The "hit winners" mindset. Most of the time players do not even know themselves that they are playing with the "hit winners" mindset. To them they are just trying to win the point. More than likely you are guilty of this infraction and do not know that you are thinking incorrectly. You probably overplay many shots attempting to win points too soon. Most players do!

在我打断您的传统想法之前。请您假装一下,您违背以往的说法是没有错的吧。这个观点有可能冲击您对比赛的两种想法。一是:“相持心理”(直到出现了打制胜球的机会再尝试去打),以及第二种:“打出制胜分”心态(太着急想打出制胜分!)大部分选手都坚信,在打球的过程中相持非常重要!但是,请设想一下,哪种心态是球员会常有的?对了,“打出制胜分”心态才是!大多球手甚至都不了解自己常抱着这种“打出制胜分”的心态。对于他们来讲,只是想赢得这一分。可能很多人都像您一样,在这点上犯了错误,而且不清楚自己的想法不正确。你常常发力过多,尝试一拍解决战斗,很多球手都是如此。

Especially if the ball comes back to you more than two times. You will begin subconsciously thinking I must be doing something wrong because the ball keeps coming back You will then attempt to hit the ball harder or try a low percentage shot to end the point. Yes, you probably play in the "hit winners" mindset too often.

特别是当击球的回合比较多的时候。你会下意识地想到我可能会出错了,因为球总能回来,而后你可能尝试发力打一拍成功率比较低的球来结束这一分。如果这样,那么你就是太频繁的抱着“打出制胜球”的心态了!

I challenge you to monitor yourself to see in which mindset you play. If you are guilty of playing with the "hit winners" mindset, make an effort to change and play with the "consistent mindset" waiting for the right opportunity to hit a winner. If you practice this, I guarantee you will begin winning points you otherwise would have lost, and as an added benefit you will play far more relaxed in you matches.

我建议你审视一下自己打球时的心态。如果过于追求“打出制胜分”的想法,那么就向“相持”心态靠拢一些,等待合适的时机再打出制胜球。如果按我说的练习,我保证你会赢得更多你本会打丢的分数,而后就能够在比赛中获利——打得更加放松!

• darrenmu 2008年02月25日 08:15 说道:

转自merlin_250网友的翻译

• motote 2008年03月12日 03:51 说道:

谢谢转载,有一定的参考价值,但对很多观点不能认同,作者比较教条,是个喜欢抬杠的家伙,呵呵

• 天高云淡 2008年03月14日 08:35 说道:

很受启发